Hue Imperial City Walking Tour (2.5 Hours) by Best Hue City Tour only about 2.5 hours, you can visit most of Hue’s most famous destinations. That is Hue Imperial Citadel, the most famous work in Hue. This tour will be the best If you do not have time for Hue City Tour Full Day or Hue City Tour Half Day. Hue Imperial City Walking Tour only takes 2.5 hours to explore the best things in Hue Imperial Citadel.
On Hue Imperial City Tour, you will visit the most famous place of Hue, which is Hue Imperial Citadel (Hue Citadel, Hue Royal City & Forbidden City). An experienced guide will guide you on this tour and tell you stories inside the palace.
And if you have free time at night, let’s consider our Hue Street Food Tour to enjoy all the best food in Hue. Or, if you need a private car transfer to take you to Da Nang or Hoi An, you can choose our Hue To Da Nang Private Car or Hue to Hoi An Private Car.
What Did You Get From This Tour?
- Stroll around the beautiful complex of Hue Imperial Citadel monuments to its grandeur.
- Hear stories about the Nguyen Dynasty that you’ve probably never heard of.
- Our excellent English-speaking guide will provide valuable information about Vietnam’s history through the dynasties and during the war.
- Learn more about feng shui, building architecture and the layout of locations in the Hue Imperial Citadel.
- Our guide will also tell exciting stories about the 13 Emperors, concubines and eunuchs.
- Hear the differences in culture, architecture, and more of the Nguyen Dynasty – Vietnam versus China.
- Know more about the function of each piece of architecture in the Hue Imperial Citadel.
- Understand the formation and disintegration of the Nguyen Dynasty from 1802 to 1945.
HUE IMPERIAL CITY WALKING TOUR
Hue Imperial Citadel Walking Tour Details
Departure time for the tour will start at two-time frames, morning or afternoon, 8: 00 or 14:00. Alternatively, you can customize the departure time to your liking, as long as you’re comfortable with that.
When it’s time, you’ll meet your local guide at “Lac Thien Restaurant” at Thuong Tu Gate – Hue Citadel at 06 Dinh Tien Hoang. After the greeting, your guide will show you around and begin the Hue Imperial City Walking Tour.
On the way to Hue Imperial Citadel, our guide will tell you about the secret stories of the kings. Detailed instructions on feng shui, construction architecture, and use of each project before visiting.
First, your guide will take you to a complex of four locations outside Hue Citadel. This protected area outside the citadel has a defensive effect during a war. Those locations will include the Nine Holy Cannons, Ngo Mon, Phu Van Lau, and Kim Thuy Moat.
Next, in Hue Imperial City Walking Tour, we will explore the second area of the Complex of Hue Citadel – Citadel. First, we will take you to the old working area of the Nguyen Dynasty. Our local guide will take you to Ngu Phung Palace – Where the Emperor issues new decisions and policies.
The most critical place in this journey is Thai Hoa Palace – the essential work of the Emperor and high-ranking servants. We will also visit the Temple of Literature in Hue, where the kings of the Nguyen Dynasty were worshiped. At the Temple of Literature, your guide will tell you the order of worship and teach you how to pray and burn incense to offer to the emperors.
The last place on Hue Imperial City Walking Tour is the Forbidden City – the private residence of 13 Emperors, concubines, and eunuchs. In this area, we will admire the residence of the Emperor’s mother, the Royal Library, the Royal Lake, the Royal Garden, and the Royal Theatre.
Our guide will tell you many secret stories and information about the Royal Life of 13 Emperors, concubines, and eunuchs. Stories that you won’t find in books, nor on the internet.
This trip will last for about 2.5 hours, including exploring and learning about Hue culture, tradition, and the architecture of the Hue Ancient Citadel. You are free to visit and finish Hue Imperial City Walking Tour. Best Hue City Tour, thank you for trusting and using our service. Although it’s only for a short time, we hope you have a great experience with our guide.
Price: 19 USD/person
- Excellent English-speaking guide.
- Bottled water.
- Entrance Fee (The Citadel: 200.000 VND).
- Personal Expense and Tip.