If you have a chance to visit Da Nang city, you will be able to admire the beauty of a magnificent coastal city and such famous bridges along romantic Han River. It is highly recommended for tourists to visit Cham Museum Da Nang, where keeps relics of the sculpture art of the Champa kingdom and to listen to the echoes of time in each precious artifact.
Table Of Contents
- 1. Cham Museum Danang Introduction
- 2. Cham Museum in Da Nang Location
- 3. History of Cham Museum Da Nang
- 4. What to see in the Cham Museum in Da Nang
- 5. Cham Museum Entrance fee and Opening hours
- 6. Regulations when visiting the museum of Cham sculpture in Da Nang
- 7. How to get to the Cham Museum Da Nang?
1. Cham Museum Danang Introduction
Cham Sculpture Museum Da Nang is the largest museum displaying Cham artifacts in Vietnam, directly under the Danang Museum. This museum was built by the French that has been specializing in collecting, storing and displaying the relics of the Champa kingdom found in Cham citadels and towers in both the Southern central coastal provinces from Ha Tinh to Binh Thuan and the Central Highlands provinces.
2. Cham Museum in Da Nang Location
Located on the bank of Han River, at the corner of Bach Dang and Trung Nu Vuong Streets, Cham Museum Da Nang Vietnam is currently the largest Cham museum throughout the country. It has been known as the pride of the local Da Nang people that visitors should not miss once visited Da Nang City.
3. History of Cham Museum Da Nang
Cham Museum was started construction in July 1915 with the help of the French scientists of the Ancient Far East School and officially inaugurated in 1919. It is the Cham Museum Da Nang that has witnessed many ups and downs of the history. In order to have such charming appearance like today, it has also undergone many repairs, remodeling, and completion.
Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture owns about 2000 extremely precious and small artifacts of Cham sculpture were found in Cham towers and citadels in both the Central Highlands provinces and the South Central Coast. There are nearly 500 artifacts being displayed inside the museum, 187 exhibits in the museum campus and more than 1200 ones being stored in stock.
4. What to see in the Cham Museum in Da Nang
4.1. My Son gallery
In Museum of Cham Sculpture Danang, there is a gallery of archaeological artifacts from the My Son Sanctuary, Quang Nam that is about 40km from the center of Da Nang City. The gallery has kept 18 artifacts of 3 different groups that are the group of the main tower, the group of the sub-tower and the group of decorative artifacts in the front and on the tower wall.
The artifacts on display in the My Son Gallery of Museum Cham Sculpture Danang Vietnam must include the Shiva statue, the Ganesha statue, the Brahma birth, the monument and the inscription.
4.2. Tra Kieu Room
Tra Kieu Room is a gallery of artifacts collected from Tra Kieu, Day Son Commune, Duy Xuyeen District, Quang Nam Province that is known as the first capital of the Champa kingdom. Tra Kieu Room of Champa museum in Da Nang has held more than 43 works of the VII-VIII and XI-XII centuries. There are several notable artifacts such as Shiva, Vishnu, the monument, the creative capacity, etc.
4.3. Dong Duong Room
Located 20km from My Son Valley, there has been a Buddhist center of Champa people located in Dong Duong Village, Thanh Binh District, Quang Nam Province. Dong Duong Room has a lot of Buddhist sculptures with some distinctive influences from India and China but still remain indigenous elements. Thus, it is an extremely unique impression of Champa art that has attracted hundreds of visitors to Cham Museum Da Nang every month.
At the Dong Duong Room of Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture, you are able to admire 21 works of Dong Duong Tower. In addition, you can easily catch sight a very extraordinary Champa-style Bodhisattva statue with many other Buddha statues, Deva statue, Dharma protector, church, etc.
4.4. Galleries of Thap Mam, Binh Dinh
This gallery in Cham Museum Da Nang was built with the purpose of preserving and archiving artifacts of the Champa people in Binh Dinh Province. There are about 67 extremely delicate sculptures of the Cham people in Binh Dinh with the date from XII to XV centuries.
5. Cham Museum Entrance fee and Opening hours
To visit the Cham Museum in Da Nang, you have to buy an entrance ticket. Champa Museum Danang entrance fee will cost VND 10,000 ( USD half dollars) for kids, students and VND 60,000 (USD 3) for adults.
Cham museum Da Nang opening times are between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. every day. Therefore, if you want to get the highest excitement, you should book Da Nang City Tours via Culture Pham Travel.
6. Regulations when visiting the museum of Cham sculpture in Da Nang
– Do not climb, sit on the platform display, do not touch the artifacts in Cham Museum Vietnam.
– Do not bring toxic substances, explosives, weapons, flammable substances, oversized furniture, and other dangerous items into the Museum.
– When entering the gallery of the Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture, you are not allowed to smoke, wear raincoats, and remember to dispose of trash in the prescribed place.
– Do not use flash to take pictures, do not use a tripod in Cham Museum Da Nang.
– Do not paddle trees, break branches, or pick fruits when coming to Cham Sculpture Museum Da Nang.
– Do not laugh and make loud noises when visiting the museum.
7. How to get to the Cham Museum Da Nang?
Located at the corner of Bach Dang and Trung Nu Vuong streets, on the bank of the Han River, it is very easy to get to Cham Museum Da Nang. You can either take a taxi or drive a scooter with helmets or take a public bus to reach there. If you want to not only visit Cham Museum Da Nang but also visit all the highlights in the city, you should book the Da Nang City Tour Full Day via Best Hue City Tour Travel. Your happiness and satisfaction always come high on our list of priorities.